Ortofon Stylus 7
The Ortofon Stylus 7 stylus is designed for the Ortofon TM7 TM7U phono cartridge and its siblings. The stylus features a highly polished elliptical diamond for superb tracking and tracing of record grooves. It results in finer detail and harmonically complete sound quality.
How to Upgrade Sound Quality
You can easily upgrade to a higher level of performance by replacing the Ortofon Stylus 7 with an Ortofon Stylus 10, 20, 30 or 40 stylus.
Ortofon Stylus 7 Specifications
- Frequency range: 20Hz-20kHz
- Tracking ability @ 315Hz @ recommended tracking force: 60m
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 25m/mN
- Stylus type: Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius: 0.3 x 0.7 mil
- Tracking force range: 1.0-1.5g (10-15mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 1.25g (12.5mN)
- Color: Black
My Technics SL-QL5 came with an Ortofon TM7 cartridge. After trying other cartridges I decided to get a new stylus to the original cartridge instead. I like its sounds much better than the Grado and AT cartridges I tried. This replacement stylus worked perfectly!
Everything from the web site down to the return policy was top notch. I have a new guy for Cartridges and Stylus purchases.