A leading edge, top performance cartridge for stereo and discrete four-channel reproduction, the Nagaoka JT-555 offers long playing life and majestic tonal quality. The solid-black carbon cantilever with its very high rigidity and very low effective mass, faithfully transmits the most delicate movements of the stylus tip to the magnet. By combining the solid-black carbon cantilever with the superb Ultra-Ex stylus tip, the frequency response range has been widened to cover everything from the subsonic to the supersonic. Enjoy listening to your records again.
Nagaoka JT-555 Cartridge Specifications
- Type: Stereo moving magnet
- Material: Super permalloy shield, injection mold frame
- Frequency response: 10Hz-28kHz
- Effective mass: 0.6 mg
- Channel balance: 1dB @ 1kHz
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: > 20dB
- Output voltage @ 1kHz: 3.3mV
- Recommended load: 50k ohm
- Stylus: Ultra-Ex
- Stylus replacement: Nagaoka JN-555 expert super
- Cantilever: Solid carbon-black
- Dynamic compliance: 10 x 10 - 6 cm/dyne @ 100 Hz
- Static compliance: 20 x 10 - 6 cm/dyne
- Tracking force: 1.1 - 1.5 g (Optimum 1.3 g)
- Weight: 5.2 g - Size: 15.5 x 27 x 22 mm
- Mounting: JIS EIA (12.7 mm), 1/2 inc mount
- Accessories included: screwdriver, 2 screws and nuts
This cartridge sounds excellent. It has a very dynamic wide range and is deep, warm, full and detailed.
I have bought three and a few styli from LPTunes and LPGear. I reviewed this elsewhere but sadly, these appear to be unavailable from now on.
LPTunes and LPGear appear to be connected, although their prices are not identical.
Service is good.