LP Tunes AT-9578 Cartridge for 78RPM Records
LP Tunes AT-9578 CARTRIDGE FOR 78RPM RECORD PLAYING
The LP Tunes AT-9578 cartridge is designed to deliver precision fidelity and musical clarity when playing 78 RPM mono records. It retrieves the sound lost in the grooves by tracing deficiencies of standard LP cartridges.
LP Tunes AT9578 Cartridge Details
- Tonearm mount: 1/2 inch
- Type: Moving magnet cartridge
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kGz
- Output voltage @ 1kHz,5cm/sec: 3.5mV
- Tracking force: 2.0 - 3.0 g (2.5 recommended)
- Recommended load: 47K ohms
- Cantilever: Aluminum alloy
- Stylus: Highly polished special conical 3.0 mil diamond
- Dimensions(mm): H16.0 x W16.6 x L26.5
- Weight: 6.8 g
- Accessories included: Screws and nuts are provided underneath the foam within the packaging.
I came into over 100 78 rpm records but had no way to play them. I was able to convert my Technics SL-1900 to run at 78 but still needed a proper cartridge and stylus.
Found this offering at LP Tunes and it was just perfect. A highly regarded Audio Technica cartridge with the 3 mil stylus already included. And at a very attractive price.
I received my order very quickly and mounted the cartridge with excitement to hear those old records (some as early as 1905)
The cartridge tracks perfectly even through some rough spots and small cracks. It sounds great on the later (48-58) recordings and you can even hear the oldest ones clearly.
A perfect solution for listening to the old recordings. Thanks LP Tunes.