The superbly constructed ADL Furutech 24-bit, 96KHz GT40 USB DAC with Phono Stage excels and pleasantly suprises. The GT40 harmonizes computer files and analog inputs. Built for enthusiasts seeking to fully enjoy their music collections in their computer hard drives, the GT40 offers very high performance, flexibility, and affordability. Looking to convert your LP's or other analog sources to digital? The GT40 will take you to the venue with every album you archive. The sound quality results are more conspicuoulsy natural, more open and with better clarity and rendition of individual notes and harmonics. A review succinctly summarized the Alpha Design Labs Furutech GT40 as a hell of a good thing.1
The seriously-shielded audiophile-grade GT40 features a low-latency USB 2.0 audio driver that plays and records at 96 kHz. A likely first for this category, the GT40 includes a built-in low-noise MM / MC phono preamp! Record your favorite vinyl to hard disk via the USB output. In
The ADL Furutech GT40 features L/R analog outputs, and switchable line or phono inputs with a vivid, captivating sound that is simply unheard of in this category.
The GT40, wired with Furutech's GT2 USB cable of course, offers sound quality that is naturally smooth, accurately complex, detailed and clear - to desktop systems, especially with high resolution 24-bits/96kHz files. It also coaxes the best from 16-bit/44.1kHz files and lifts their sound quality to near harmonic impeccability.
Furutech GT40 USB DAC Specifications
- USB & Analog: Playback and record multimedia audio system
- Connectivity: USB interface, analog input/output RCA jack
- USB playback resolution : 24bit/96KHz
- USB recording resolution: 96kHz (Max) supports 32kHz/44.1kHz/48kH
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz (40Hz: +0.5 dB, 15kHz:-0.5dB)
- SN ratio:-90dB (A-wtd)/line Output
- Line output level: 1 Vrms
- Line input level: MC 0.5mV/MM 5mV/Line 1V
- Headphone output level: 80mW (32 ohms) max.
- Power supply: AC 9V 0.5A
- Dimensions (mm): 150W x 111D x 57H
- Weight: Approximately 650 g
1 Art Dudley, "Listening," Stereophile, Vol.34 No.9 (September 2011): 45-47.