Audio-Technica AT120Eb Phono Cartridge
AUDIO-TECHNICA AT-120Eb AT 120Eb AT120Eb CARTRIDGE
The AT120Eb moving magnet cartridge features Audio-Technica's Vector-Aligned Dual Magnet design and exclusive Paratoroidal Signal Generator.
● Its high performance and unique Paratoroidal signal generating system is composed of a unified, laminated coil core wound with a single piece of wire. Internal mechanical and electrical connections are eliminated, minimizing magnetic losses and ensuring better signal transfer.
● The PCOCC coil enables pure signal transmission because it does not have grain boundaries in the direction of transmission.
Extraordinarily crafted, the 120Eb phono cartridge provides musical enjoyment far beyond its price range. After about 100 hours of break-in, you'll enjoy its crystalline highs, cohesion, wide sound stage, and tight bass.
Audio Technica AT120EB Phono Cartridge Specifications
- Type: VM type (Dual Magnet) stereo cartridge
- Output voltage: 4.0mV
- Frequency response: 20 ~ 25,000Hz
- Channel balance @ 1kHz: 1.0dB
- Channel separation @ 1kHz/10kHz: 28/20dB
- Tracking Force: 1.0 - 1.8g (1.4g standard)
- Coil Impedance: 3.2 kΩ (1kHz)
- Direct Current Resistance: 800 Ω
- Load Impedance: 47 kΩ
- Coil Inductance: 490 mH (1kHz)
- Load Capacitance: 100 ~ 200pF
- Static Compliance: 35 × 10-6cm/dyne
- Dynamic Compliance: 10 × 10-6cm/dyne (100Hz)
- Stylus shape: 0.3 × 0.7 mil Nude Elliptical diamond
- Stylus construction: Nude round shank
- Cantilever: Aluminum pipe
- Vertical Tacking Angle: 20°
- Dimensions: H17.3 × W16 × D28.2 (mm)
- Weight: 6.5g
- Accessories included: Non-magnetic driver × 1, washer × 4, nut × 2, cartridge installation screws 5 mm × 2 and 10 mm × 2, hexagon nut × 2, brush × 1.
Trebles, bass, mids all excellent. Had a hard time setting it up because the tracking angle needed to be just about spot on for excellent reproduction. Once that was figured out, voila!