● Genuine, original sound - beyond all imitations
● Specially processed near tapered shaped Zirconia cantilever for low mass and precise sound
● Diamond tip r/R radii: 75 × 2.5 µm (.0029 × .000098 inch)
● Carefully chosen natural single-crystal octahedron diamond tip
● High-precision One-Point Tension System reproduces smallest tip vibrations
● Genuine Jico SAS stylus made in Japan
JICO SAS ZIRCONIA REPLACEMENT FOR SHURE N97XE STYLUS
- Sounds astonishingly real - beyond all the imitations
In the process of developing the "SETO-HORI" ceramic cartridge, which was launched in 2018, JICO found that material hardness is an important factor for determining sound quality. We researched for the applicable material and finally decided on Zirconia. Since the mass of zirconia is larger than that of other materials often used as cantilevers, such as boron, Jico first reduced the mass by processing the cantilever into a hollow pipe shape. Moreover, we succeeded in suppressing split resonance and reducing the effective mass as seen from the tip of the stylus by covering the joint pipe to the middle of the surface of the cantilever. This covering also makes the cantilever close to tapered shape which is idea.
As a result, we ultimately created the clear and precise sound, which was totally different from the preceding other cantilevers’ lineup (aluminum, boron, sapphire, and ruby). This was the sound we were seeking. We will be selling this replacement stylus for MM cartridge in limited quantities. Please take this opportunity to enjoy.
Be careful when you handle this product, Zirconia is extremely fragile and it is much easier to break compared to Aluminum which is generally used for cantilever. We will not take responsibility of breakage while in the possession of the end-user.