- new replacement for original AT95E and AT95EX cartridges
This new VM95E cartridge with 0.3 x 0.7 mil elliptical stylus fits half-inch mount turntables replaces the venerable and proven AT95E and AT95EX cartridges. The cartridge’s special coil design delivers a powerful and uprated output level of 4.0 mV. It also offers excellent channel separation and low distortion for outstanding tonal quality. The durable, low-resonance housing includes threaded inserts that enable the cartridge to be mounted to the headshell with just two screws – no nuts required. And since all VM95 Series share the same body, engine, and thicker coil design, the stylus can be replaced with any of the six interchangeable AT-VMN95 AT-VMN95 replacement styli. Instant gratification when you need a higher quality sound that's right for you!
Audio-Technica AT-VM95E Cartridge Specifications
- Type: VM Stereo Dual Magnet
- Playback frequency range: 20 ~ 22,000 Hz
- Channel separation: 20 dB (1kHz)
- Output channel balance: 2.0 dB (1kHz)
- Output voltage: 4.0 mV (1kHz, 5 cm/sec.)
- Vertical tracking angle: 23°
- Tracking force range: 1.8-2.3g (standard 2.0g)
- Stylus shape: Elliptical bonded
- Stylus size: 0.3 × 0.7 mil
- Stylus construction: Bonded round shank
- Cantilever: Aluminum pipe
- Static compliance: 17 × 10-6 cm/dyne
- Dynamic compliance: 7 × 10-6 cm/dyne (100Hz)
- Wire used for coil: T.P. Copper
- Coil impedance: 3.3 kΩ (1kHz)
- DC resistance: 485 Ω
- Rec. load impedance: 100 Ω
- Rec. load capacitance: 100-200 pF
- Coil inductance: 550 μH (1kHz)
- Cartridge weight: 6.3 g
- Mounting: 2 x M2.6 threads/inserts, ½" spacing
- Replacement stylus: AT-VMN95E
- Accessories included: Two 11 mm installation screws; two 8 mm installation screws; two washers.
- Dimensions (H × W × D mm): 17.2 × 18.9 × 28.3
Notes: (1) T.P. Copper (or ETP grade copper, Electrolytic Tough Pitch cooper) is about 99.90% purity of copper and has excellent electrical and thermal conductivity. (2) Specifications subject to change without notice for improvements and design.
Excellent value in a phono cartridge. Tracks and sounds great at it's price or much more. Highly recommended.
Very detailed. Not harsh out of the box—so no stress here over a "break in period". Pleasant daily driver and a big improvement over its predecessor, the AT-95E. Nice transplant for vintage tables.
This cartridge punches well above its weight. I have three of these mounted on vintage turntables, one with the VMn95c conical stylus, and two with the VMn95e bonded elliptical stylus. At $49 the AT-VM95e is a bargain. The conical version is very good; the elliptical is a notch or two better. Stan F. - Centreville, VA.